Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why I Let My Hair Grow Out by Maryrose Wood


This book tells the story of 16 year old Morgan. Morgans boyfriend dumps her the day before summer break so the only logical thing to do is chop off all her hair and dye it orange. This sends her parents in to a frenzy. They decided to take control and send her to Ireland on a bicycle trip cross country. Morgan gets much more than she bargained for, a hot tour guided who just might be the perfect rebound boy, a boat load of mystical Irish tails, and a talking horse? Could things get any weirder, read to find out.

This book was awesome I really enjoyed it. I instantly got lost in her story telling abilities and felt like I could see Ireland as I was reading. The characters were likable and believable. You can easily relate to Morgan's problems without seeming like your in a soap opera. Morgans dialogue is comical yet sarcastic bringing you to a position in which you feel like you really know her.

2 comments:

Rachael Stein said...

i CANNOT wait to read thsi book. everyone says it's great (and it's got an awesome cover too!)

Tasha said...

I adored this book and the sequel!! I heard that there's going to be one more book about Morgan! I'm very excited:)