Friday, April 18, 2008

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult



Katie is Amish, Ellie is not. If the similarities end at that then why is Ellie, a big city attorney, defending Katie, a plain Amish girl. Katie has a secret that could ruin her life as her mothers only living child, her chances to be baptized, and her life as an Amish women. Katie is accused of Murdering her new born illegitimate baby, and lying about the pregnancy in general. Ellie did not what to take on this case but felt some certain "family ties" obligated her to. If adjusting to living Amish is not hard enough trow in defending a girl how had and maybe even killed her baby, but does not remember a thing. What will happen, you will have to read to find out.


I was rather excited to read this book, being a fan of Picoult's other books. the story stats out fast, it does not dwell to long on the preliminaries, but jumps strait into the important details. I thought over all the book was good, but some times it dragged, mainly in the court room dialogue. The ending was slightly predictable compared to Picoult's other books, which was a little disappointing. I did enjoy this book and I would recommend it for anyone who is in the mood for a book of deeper content.

2 comments:

RR2 said...

Sounds good! :) I enjoyed her other books but I haven't read this one yet.

Theopinionedreader said...

i recommend that you so, Also ig you have not already read My sisters Keeper, that is one of my favs.